[Wine] help;probleme with this softwar

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:25:35 CST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:52 AM, malmsteen <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> it is not a open source but it is a free software
> look here soft (http://home.kyngdvb.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=3:k.y.n.g-tools&Itemid=10)
> and why is it an illigal download??
> do you try it??is there a solutionde make it run with wine??
> thak you  [Rolling Eyes]  :P

I'll second dimensio's comments.  Free does not equal legal right to
redistribute.  I work with a software product that is and always will
be free.  However, the author has STRICTLY restricted the right to
redistribute.

Now, on to your problem, what IS the problem?  Error messages, unable
to install, unable to use a function of the program?

Please install the latest development version, 1.3.15.  If you are
receiving the 'A serious error has occurred...." please follow the
instructions on our FAQ page for running the program from a terminal
and how to create a logging file if the output is more than one or two
screens (about 40 lines) in length.  The Wine FAQ is located at
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ and there are links to the two functions
requested in the second paragraph.  Other problems will require other
solutions to fix.  Some of those solutions are located on the FAQ as
well.

Please, please, please post the log file to a site like pastebin.com
(Ubuntu has one of their own) and post the URL, only, here along with
a description of what is wrong.

Thank you.

James McKenzie