[Wine] Jet40 engine and I don't get along.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:45:15 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 8:28 PM, A Nonny Moose wrote:
> john at john-GA-MA78LM-S2H:~$ winetricks
> Executing wine /home/john/.cache/winetricks/jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
> fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet "C:\\users\\john\\Temp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
> err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with [u][b]error 2[/b][/u]
> Install of jet40 done
> You gave the --optin option, so reporting 'jet40' to the winetricks maintainer so he knows which winetricks verbs get used and which don't.  Use --optout to disable future reports.
> winetricks done.
A Nonny:

The Error is NORMAL for Jet 4.0 installations and has been there for
some time.
> Is there something I didn't do properly here?  This dao error seems to be preventing the library from loading.  My application does not run, it insists that the Jet engine is not loaded.
You've been told this in the past, at least once by me, what is the
application you are trying to run?

There are known issues with some programs needing more than the Jet
engine to be able to find and use internal Access type databases.

James McKenzie