[Wine] Bejeweled 2 & Wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:52:01 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 1:14 PM, star11 wrote:
> [/quote]Did you get a lengthy data dump after this?  We need to see everything
> that is an output from Wine and what state your system was in when
> this occurred.
>
> James McKenzie[/quote]
>
> James,
> The error code I posted is the entirety of the code terminal outputs. After that the installer locks up and it does nothing.

Something is wrong here.  You should get a data dump after the installer
fails.  It appears something is not right with your Ubuntu installation.
> I tried the installer on two different systems both with fresh installs, both running ubuntu 10.10.
>
> I tried the version 1.3.7 because there is a user test report on the site which stated the game tested working on that version but ive had no luck.
There is a reason that we request that you use the latest version, and
that is there are many bug fixes between eight releases of Wine and with
some versions there are regressions that are fixed in later versions.
> On a side note, what is the sure-fire way to be sure I delete wine completely from my system? I am new to the Linux operating system and im not completely familiar with everything yet.
The same way that you deinstall any other product from Ubuntu.  They
explain it real well on the Ubuntu site.

James McKenzie