[Wine] err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:13:26 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 8:50 PM, questor21 wrote:
> I am getting this error when trying to play Rift, which is odd I think because I can play WoW just fine.
>
> I installed DirectX9 and 10 via winetricks, but still I get this error.
>

> Code:
> err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\RIFT Game\\RIFT Game\\rift.exe") not found
> err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\RIFT Game\\RIFT Game\\rift.exe") not found
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\RIFT Game\\RIFT Game\\rift.exe" failed, status c0000135
>

> Clearly though these dlls are in the wine system32 directory:

Gee, a simple search shows they ARE NOT there.

Plus, these should be loaded into the same directory as your program.

Now, go back, either delete or remove your installation of Rift.

Then use winetricks to install ONLY d3dx9_43, then install Rift.

This should allow Rift to run.  WoW may or may not work with native
d3dx9_43 installed.

James McKenzie