[Wine] downloading from web

Utterly_Frustrated wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 03:54:19 CST 2011

I have been informed that Wine will let me use Irfanview but I am at a loss as to how do I load this into the system.

I have loaded the programme into Ubuntu and can see the details there. I looked at the documentation but it gave no indication on downloading a programme from the web into Wine.

Until now I have been happy with Linux but in attempting to assist someone else over to it need to show how Wine works and this is where I fall down.

Can someone please offer guidance on this.