[Wine] The Settlers 7 - Please Help

McStavros wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 09:36:43 CST 2011

Firstly i think i should explain I am definitely not a coder so should be treated as a total novice were you kind enough to help me out. Basically my laptop was screwed so a guy from my IT department at work loaded Ubuntu so I could use it again.

I bought The Settler 7 and didn't realise I'd have trouble playing it as my Linux system doesn't recognise .exe files. I've downloaded WINE as the internet told me this would help but now I'm stuck as I don't know how to combine the 2 and start up the game. Can anyone help, I've been through the FAQ's and nothing seems to work.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks