[Wine] Re: 1.3.15, mouse screwy now on OSX.

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 09:51:26 CST 2011

James McKenzie wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM, doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > not sure if its just me or anyone else noticed this... but mouse control in games is basically impossible now in 1.3.15.  like holding down the right
> > mouse button and moving the mouse to move a character direction just barely moves or jumps, or just stops moving, or then spins around... its
> > horrid.  1.3.14 and earlier are still working fine without that problem.
> >

> Is this for every program you run, doh123?  I can look at my source
> only build of Wine and see if it happens on my system (MacOSX Snow
> Leopard 10.6.6, wine 1.3.15 build from source.)
>
> I have a few programs that might use the mouse click feature.
>
> James McKenzie

The only two games I have right now that do this is Champions Online (which is free, but large download) and Star Trek Online.  They both are the same Engine though.  NWN1 lets you hold the middle mouse button and move the camera around, which seems to work fine... but I think it has something to do with the mouse vanishing.  When I did the Git version it had the same issue, but I was able to do the regression testing fine seeing it come or go on each step.  It may or may not happen on every program, I have no idea... it might depend on how the pointer is being handled.