[Wine] Good Graphics Card for Wine?

xcrx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 11:52:03 CST 2011

I am new to wine and would like some tips on what a good graphics card for gaming on wine would be. I don't play the latest on greatest by any means but my current card (x1950 Pro) won't even run HL 2 (I assume because of the crap drivers).

I am looking for a cheap switch/upgrade. I am been looking at this card]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121353&cm_re=GT240-_-14-121-353-_-Product . Can anyone tell me if they have had a good experience with this card? Is there about better/more supported card in the same price range I should look into?

Also in case it matters I am running the newest build of Arch linux with the lastest version of WINE.