[Wine] Re: WINE hiding in background

d!srupt!on wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 16:10:16 CST 2011

oh man, i've screwed this up. I deleted all files with wine (using rm command), or I thought I did...wanted a clean install of wine but now when I try to install wine it says wine is already installed:

Code:
:~$ sudo apt-get install wine1.3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
wine1.3 is already the newest version.

Code:
:~$ sudo apt-get install wine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  wine
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/40.4kB of archives.
After this operation, 65.5kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package wine.
(Reading database ... 224415 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking wine (from .../wine_1.2.2-1ubuntu1~maverick2_all.deb) ...
Setting up wine (1.2.2-1ubuntu1~maverick2) ...

Code:
:~$ wine
bash: /usr/bin/wine: No such file or directory

All I needed to do was delete the .wine folder huh?