[Wine] Re: err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll

questor21 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 19:35:56 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:

> questor21 wrote:
> > I installed DirectX9 and 10 via winetricks, but still I get this error.
>
> This wineprefix can't be supported. Remove ~/.wine directory and reinstall your game. DO NOT use winetricks unless explicitly told to do so.
>
> Wine has it's own d3dx9_43.dll. You should be using that first time around. And make sure you have latest Wine version (wine-1.3.15).

Why is ~/.wine not supported?  That is the most appropriate place for an application like this, in a user's home directory.  I will not delete ~/.wine, I have other applications installed into wine which are working and I will not interrupt them for a game like Rift.

I attempted to use any native directx with Rift in the first place but I got the same problem - Rift does not detect directx.  I then tried winetricks after researching for myself on the web how people have gotten Rift working.

I am not using the most current wine.  I am using 1.2.2.  I may upgrade wine.

I had hoped for some diagnostic suggestions followed up with more targeted advice.