[Wine] bad comapny 2

Russo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 22:39:34 CST 2011

hi, im trying to play BC2, but im unable to solve some problems.

1st let me tell my system:
ubuntu 10.10
wine 1.3.14
c2d, nvidea gts250, etc...

bc2+ steam

here is the problem, i can start it and it looks fine, then i go to MP, i can long n etc... i can list the servers, but i cant see my ping, though i already added all the ports to my modem, dunno if i have to do something in ubuntu...

Anyway, when i click the server i want to join, i can see the map loading, but then when its time to get in the map, it just stay stuck in the map loading screen, like forever, i have to kill the app.

I tried single player, same thing happens, but in SP i can hear that im already in the game, but the screen still about the mission info n etc...

I also have a similar problem with BO, though there i get a black screen and i have hear what is happening in the background, though i dont have access to the main menu and etc..

can anyone help me to get BC2 running?

also i tried to run it in windowed mode, since i dont have wine set for full screen.

another thing, today when i started my pc, the screen start to go on and off, like the default background of ubuntu, not like the screen turning on and off, but with the gray color, like if i put the mouse over something, the screen go all gray and then back to normal and some times it completely random, i dont have any problem under xp.

thx.