[Wine] drive type not sticking in advanced configuration WIN 1.3.14

robertjm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 8 23:02:36 CST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to get a Nook Color working on my Ubuntu installation, but am having a problem.

The drive is mounted as F: and the path is /media/MyNOOKColor

I run the Wine Configuration program and select Advanced Configuration so I can change Auto detect to Floppy Disk. Then click the Apply button. Here's where I've run into problems.

I should be able to plug the USB cable in and then when I launch Adobe Digital Editions it should detect the new drive. However, it's not doing that. Additionally, when I look at the Wine Configuration program again it shows AutoDetect, not Floppy Disk for the type.

Next, I did the same and rebooted the machine. Before plugging the drive in I checked the Wine Configuration program and it still says Floppy Disk at this point. However, after plugging the cable in and running ADE, nothing happens and then when I check Wine Config it's back to Auto Detect.

When I go to SYSTEM -> ADMINISTRATION -> DISK UTILITY it actually tells me it's a Floppy Drive already.

Am I doing something wrong??

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx