[Wine] importing XP drivers to Linux using Wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:04:50 CST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM, pieterparker17
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> hi
> i need to run XP driver in Linux. how can i do this ?? is this possible to import these drivers in Linux using Wine ?? or there is any other way?
> these drivers are not found in Linux bydefault. kindly give me suggestion /guidence in this regard.

Simple answer:  Wine cannot.
Complex answer:  Wine is a user space application and by default
drivers for Linux run at the kernel level.  Linux will NOT allow user
space applications t load kernel level drivers.  Windows handles this
differently as it loads drivers into a location between a user
application and the kernel.  You can Google for this information and
get a graphical representation of what happens between programs,
drivers and the operating system kernel for both Linux and Windows.

James McKenzie