[Wine] Win app under wine that use RS-485

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:04:04 CST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM, aleroot <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> No, in /dev/ttyS i have only the 4 serial port (rs-232) on the machine ?
>
> Should Linux allocate /dev/ttySX for RS-485 ? What device name under /dev should i have ?

It should.  It should by the next ttyS device (ttyS4 if my memory serves me.)
Are you using a special board/device for RS-485 communications?  Does
this device have a Linux driver?  Wine cannot run Windows drivers
because how and where drivers are loaded in the operating system
architecture.

James McKenzie