[Wine] Trying to load MIRC with Wine on a Mac

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Wed Mar 9 18:43:06 CST 2011

On 3/9/11 3:24 PM, tigerperson wrote:
> This is driving me crazy.  I have wine downloaded on my MAC.  It's in my application folder.  I have MIRC downloaded and it's also in my Application folder.  But, when I turn off MIRC, and turn it back on, the whole thing wants to reload.  Very annoying since that means it's not saving settings.  Any ideas?
Why are you trying to run mIRC at all?

There are plenty of IRC clients that run natively on Mac OS X. One of
those is Colloquy (http://colloquy.info/). That's what I use.

In general around here, if there's a native program available that does
what you want, we tend to suggest it instead of running Wine. It's much
easier that way. Trust me.

Chip