[Wine] Installing 64-bit app onto 64-bit wine

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 18:50:20 CST 2011

I have 64-bit Ubuntu and two programs that can be installed as either 32-bit or 64-bit. The programs are Notepad2 and Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.
I run both now with 32-bit but have been told that 64-bit is getting better, so thought I'd try.
I compiled 64-bit Ubuntu without a problem, and it runs Notepad just fine, but does not run Notepad2 (which just has one exe and does not need to be installed).
Dragon NaturallySpeaking did not install at all.
Is there a page of instructions somewhere that deals with installations of 64-bit programs other than WOW?
Or should I wait for 64-bit to get a bit better?
Susan Cragin