[Wine] Trying to load MIRC with Wine on a Mac

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:45:06 CST 2011

On 3/9/11 7:42 PM, tigerperson wrote:
> doh123 wrote:
>> tigerperson wrote:
>>> This is driving me crazy.  I have wine downloaded on my MAC.  It's in my application folder.  I have MIRC downloaded and it's also in my Application folder.  But, when I turn off MIRC, and turn it back on, the whole thing wants to reload.  Very annoying since that means it's not saving settings.  Any ideas?
>>
>> Your not using plain Wine if its in your Applications folder.. your using something else that has its own support channels, and isn't supported here.
>>
>> You may need to check the AppDB to see if there is anything special you need to do to get mIRC to run
>> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=77
>
> I admit to being confused about the whole thing.  i know when I open the file in my application file, (Mirc.exe in winebottler) it opens another program, X11.  I'll check out the site you suggested.  The whole thing has me perplexed since I'm new to Mac's.  Thanks for your input.

First, for WineBottler help you are going to have to contact Mike.
Second, Wine is a UNIX program and uses the X11 program for displaying
information.  Yes, there is a project to move Wine to the MacOSX native
interface, but it appears to be stalled right now.

James McKenzie
(Another Wine on Mac User)