[Wine] Re: importing XP drivers to Linux using Wine

pieterparker17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 10 04:52:59 CST 2011

> Yes its possible to add a fake driver to wine.   Many already exist. Problem is the fake driver will still need real driver code.
>
> So basically you will need a Linux driver then an extension to wine to detect the Linux driver and use it.     The extension is to make the Linux driver look like the windows one and so it works with wine.

Its simpler in most cases to make a Linux driver and make a Linux native binary.  So you don't have as many fail points or as much complex code.

thanks for guidence. plz tell me what are the steps involve in it. how fake drive is added to wine ?  2ndly  can i import driver from xp to wine using any technique is exists ?what technique ?? i ddont know much about Linux OS but can manage it if some guide how to proceed . Thanks
Regards