[Wine] Re: Is this possible with wine?

rain wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 10 07:25:27 CST 2011

Isn't it possible to create somehow proxy windows under wine.. I mean to create win 32 that has same titles, and sizes and so an but that are not visible for user (since everything runs in wine it should be possible to lie windows what ever you want).

Idea Is that when proxy window under wine receives signal,  wine would convert it for x11 and sent it to corresponding x11 window. And if something happens to x11  some signal/message. then wine would convert it to win32 format and make changes to win32 window.

This way we can make windows application think it's communicating with with other win32 window, but actually it would communicate with x11.

Offtopic: is there way to use tcp/udp funcs to communicate with x11?