[Wine] Re: Sid Meier´s Alpha Centauri

DrazharLn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 12 17:54:26 CST 2011

Where SMAC(X) stands for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (Alien Crossfire)

I've been running a copy of SMACX installed in Windows on my C:/ partition from linux (Ubuntu 10.10).

After mounting the windows partition I only had to make the following changes to Alpha Centauri.ini to play the game:

Code:

eax=0
ds3d=0
ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

I haven't tested it much at all, but it seems to run with the minimum of errors. I noticed that the fonts in many dialogue boxes are either the wrong font or the wrong size (maybe both, couldn't tell) and certain orders that produce a click tone for confirmation cause that tone to be played repeatedly for the rest of the turn, you can stop the clicks by toggling the SFX volume slider.

In SMAC (without expansion) sounds don't seem to work at all, videos don't work in either game.

Playable, though.

Didn't test network multiplayer, hotseat/PBEM seems to work.[/code]