[Wine] Winetricks is dead, long live winetricks!

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sat Mar 12 19:16:51 CST 2011

"dimesio" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> ... We also tell them not to file any bugs here if they have used
> winetricks.

What I've seen here recently is not quite that severe.  Paraphrased:

  Bugs and appdb ratings are to be based on a clean wineprefix
  without any winetricks*, but if the app runs better or the bug
  goes away with winetricks it is permissible to mention that
  in the comments.

OTOH I have gotten the impression that the wine project really does
not want to hear about any similar improved behavior that might
obtained via other 3rd-party add-ons.

* Modulo that, IIRC, the difference between a Gold and a Platinum
  rating is whether the app needs winetricks to run well.