[Wine] Problem installing/running program

Nik wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 13 10:44:42 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying out wine to make a Windows program run under MacOS 10.6.6. It is a program for meteorlogical use with a rather small community. You can download it for free here (you won't be able to use it without account):
http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/generator/DWDWWW/Content/Luftfahrt/Software/support/downloads__pcmet__voll/pcmet__install__zip,templateId=raw,property=publicationFile.zip/pcmet_install_zip.zip

So I open the installation file with wine (1.2.2) and choose "run direcly in ...Wine Files"
The installation starts but in the end I get this error message:

> Self-registration error
>
> One or more files did not prperly self-register.
>
> Following files did not self-register:
> 1. C:\windows\system32\bmplst32.ocx
> Module not found
>
> 2. C:\windows\system32\MRAS32.OCX
> Module not found
>
> 1. C:\windows\system32\Time32.OCX
> Module not found
>
> To Continue select OK, otherwise select Cancel.

I hit OK and the installation finishes. But, of course, the program doesn't work. When I try to open the .exe with wine, I get this error message:

> pc_met32
>
> Component 'MRAS32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Well, I am pretty new to Wine. From what I read, some Winetricks might help. But which ones, and how do I use them? When I select "Winetricks" in the menu, there is only an empty window. When I hit "Apply", I get the message "Winetricks was applied successfully" but noting more happens.

I have read the guide and FAQ but to be honest, I couldn't make much sense of it. Most of it refers to Linux.

Can someone help me?

Regards
-Nik