[Wine] High graphics rendering issues

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:11:51 CDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Iastre <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Is it possible to run RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 on wine with opengl? If so, does anyone know where on earth one might possibly find opengl? I've looked all
> over and have not been able to find it anywhere, but I'd rather not devote all my time to finding it unless I know it will help.

First, OpenGL is a video specification.  The message you recieved at
the top of the errors is that OpenGL does not exist in hardware for
your video card (which one are you using and what drivers/driver
version) so OpenGL is being emulated by Linux in software.  This does
limit the ability for higher video resolutions to display properly and
with a good frame rate.

An entry does exist in the Wine Applications database for Railroad
Tycoon 3 Platinum at:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6648

No hints/tricks on how to raise the video rate however.

James McKenzie