[Wine] Re: Autocad 2011 instalation is breaking up

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 15 08:19:07 CDT 2011

Never run wine as root. If you've done so, you've created permissions problems. Follow these instructions to fix it: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_as_root

> "howto" from this page doesnt work for me Sad
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6035

Did you upgrade to 1.3.15 as you were told? If not, do it now.

Once you've upgraded, try installing to a clean wineprefix. If there is nothing installed in ~/.wine that you want to keep you can just delete it and start over. Otherwise, use a separate wineprefix for Autocad. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf

If the installer still fails on a clean wineprefix with current Wine, post terminal output from the installer. If it's long, use pastebin and post a link here.