[Wine] Problem installing/running program

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:12:07 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Nik <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answers.
>
> I am using the wine.app that comes with winebottler (but not winebottler itself). Isn't that correct?
>

> I tried to get it working according to your info, but my problem is, that I have no idea of terminal. I never needed it.
> When I enter: sh winetricks.sh, I get this message:
>

> Code:
> winetricks.sh: line 2450: wine: command not found
> wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string

This is correct for WineBottler and Wine.app.  You'll have to ask Mike
how to fix this.

However, I can recommend installing Wine using MacPorts or Fink.  They
both have Graphical Interface programs to install them and to handle
adding/updating/removing programs and will also retrieve and install
required dependencies for Wine (or any other program they support.)

BTW, the First Sticky explains why you cannot edit your posts.

James McKenzie