[Wine] Source Engine games - Low FPS (Wine 1.3.15)

ebol4 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 16 17:15:10 CDT 2011

The AppDB lists Team Fortress 2 as Platinum. It says it should run "flawlessly out-of-the-box."

In Windows, I can max out all of the settings and get a steady 100+ FPS.

In Wine, I have to set everything to Low, and even then, I still only get 20-30 FPS, occasionally dropping down into the 0-10 range when multiple players are on the screen.

That doesn't sound flawless. Aside from the low FPS, I get many different graphical glitches, like black textures, lights shining through walls, and more.

Have I done something wrong? I'm running Wine 1.3.15 and Ubuntu 10.10 x64. I installed Steam, and all of my drivers are up-to-date.