[Wine] Slow printing buffer.

isaac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 16 18:35:27 CDT 2011

Abbreviated question:
Is there a way to manipulate how Wine handles printing?

Abbreviated problem description:
Microsoft Word 2007 takes roughly 3 minutes per page to print.

Longer version:

I'm using a registered and licensed copy, I purchased, of Microsoft Office 2007. I installed it perfectly! All the applications work and I've gotten a lot of work done! Right now I'm running the latest version of Wine 1.3+ with wine tricks and everything else the ppa offers that all MS Office applications require to run with out crashing.

Also I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 and it's completely up to date.
My default printer settings are on the lowest resolution, draft mode, with black ink. When I print using Word, it's clearly using these settings, but the buffer time is enormous! It feels like an easy problem to fix, but I can't find anyone else posting about this.

Here's what happens:
1. I initiate the print.
2. Microsoft word takes roughly 3 minutes per page to print.
3. Nothing is printed until Word says that all pages have been printed (Might be a clue)

There seems to be no printing options in Wine. Is there a way to manipulate how Wine handles printing jobs?

Thank you very much!!!