[Wine] Install Application from CD?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:17:58 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Mysticstar <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I have applications I'm running on Windows and being a NOVICE with Wine I want to now HOW to install them from My CD?

First, you should ask for help on how to 'mount' the CD media or use
Google on how to do this.

> Example Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred!

You might want to visit the Applications Database for help and to see
how well the version of this program works with Linux.

> OR
> I tried Downloading and Installing Internet Explorer 8 from Microsoft using the IE version in WINE and it just hangs up!

IE8 will not install if you download it directly from Microsoft.  We
have a scripting program called winetricks and our FAQ has more
information on it.

The Wine FAQ is located at http://www.winehq.org/FAQ

Please do take time to read through it and once both questions are
answered and if you encounter further problems, please feel free to
post a new topic.

James McKenzie