[Wine] Re: Wine font problem

habl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 17 16:50:55 CDT 2011

James McKenzie wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM, habl <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I got a problem with Wine. I compiled Wine from source on Debian Squeeze. Everything is working perfect, only fonts aren't loaded well. The Window buttons are always showed as weird characters (differs sometimes) and in games all text exists of squares. See the screens:
> >

> sh winetricks corefonts
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-987c38148f3068191d3cc922d5cf6310c547c5aa
> for more information on winetricks and how to use it.
>
> James McKenzie

Already tried that, didn't solved it.

> Look like you didn't satisfy all dependencies before compiling.

Yes, but don't think that's the reason for the font to fail.

Anyway, on IRC I was told it's not a font issue but a driver issue. I installed the nvidia driver from the nvidia website, but will install the debian version in their repositories now and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the replies !