[Wine] Carrara 8 pro cmx (?) and Wine

Jetbird_D2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 18 15:29:20 CDT 2011

Hello!
I would like to run Carrara 8 pro on Linux via Wine.
I was wondering if anyone would know what is cmx and how to compensate this missing or corrupt component so thee amazing app could run without crashes?

Carrara 8 (versions from 6 to 8) has these common issues
Rendering doesn't work
Vertex model room will crash due to trouble with cmx
plug-ins using cmx will crash.

The interesting thing is that on Opensuse vertex model room works just fine and I never did receive cmx extension related problem report.
But Carrara will not render.

However there are reports that Carrra render node does work and render.
But Carrara's render node is the same rendering engine Carrara 8 pro use.

Maybe someone knows to what kind of dependency library cmx belongs to?

Currently I can;t check the functionality and experiment with it because I am running important project and have to render a lot of video material using Carrara but once I finish I will bring back Linux to my pc and will try to experiment with wine and attempt to make Carrara run so it woudl be productive.
But on the mean time I would be very grateful if you could give some advices i am sure I am not the first one asking regarding Carrara software so if not me, someone else will surely check on it for instant feedback on whether it worked until I get my hands on Linux again.

Keep in mind I am a complete novice with Linux and I don;t have any knowledge at programing and coding. So i would also be grateful if you could make your suggestions as simple as possible.

Thank you very much for your time and help!