[Wine] Missing textures with some games. Advice?

jamesensor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 20 23:16:22 CDT 2011

Hi, i was wondering if someone could advise on this:

I have an acer aspire 5740G with ati mobility radeon hd5650 and i just installed wine 3 days ago, so it's pretty recent. I trying to run some few games: C&C 3 tiberium wars, need for speed most wanted and bully scholarship edition.

In c&c 3 game started well, then i go to play and i can't see no units. I can select them but can't see. Missing textures. Had t glsl disable to see them.

Need for speed most wanted: some textures were with blurred colors (another game, dynasty warriors, happened the same thing) working like this only with  glsl off in wine config.

Bully: same thing, environment all showed up, except characters and every selectable thing.

I'm new on this wine interface thing, just taking my first steps. I kinda tried it a year ago and seems it's getting simpler to manage all the way :)

So, what am i missing? I'm on ubuntu 10.10 64bit, with most of regular updates made and proprietary drivers from ati. Help?

btw, this was the only option saving installing a win xp in my laptop to play slamtilt 2 pinball game which is awesome.  ^^ thank you reading.