[Wine] Re: Trying to run RIFT on OS X 10.6 and Having DirectX Issues

Alanbly wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 21 00:12:04 CDT 2011

Ok, so while the devel branch without winetricks didn't work and winetricks didn't work, going into winecfg after winetricks and the d3dx9 DLLs were installed and getting rid of all the library overrides at least let the program start. However, none of the actual rendering works. After a while the program crashes. Any other ideas on what could be breaking directx? It occurred to me to update the display drivers but I don't even know if device drivers are used in Wine. If it helps the following are my Card and display specs:

Code:
ATI Radeon HD 5870:
  Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 5870
  Type:	GPU