[Wine] Birth of America 2 won't run at all

Izver wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 21 09:43:26 CDT 2011

I've managed to run some games through wine, but I still consider myself a complete rookie.

wine 1.2.2
ubuntu 10.10

Game in question, "Birth of America 2 - Wars in America 1750-1815", is listed as gold in Wineapp db, but when I try to run it, I got the following:

"The program WIA.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close..."

then: "Exception EExternalException dans le module ntdll.dll dans 0002D2C8.
Exception externe C0000025"

then: "Runtime error 216 at 00403E8A"

I tried to manually type "d3dx81ab.dll" in libraries tab in wine configuration, as per instruction in winedb, but results are the same.

What bugs me even more is that on manufacturer's site, I read that it runs in wine without problems: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11918

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?