[Wine] Re: New prefix vs default ~/.wine file with default app

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 21 10:45:55 CDT 2011

isaac wrote:
> Oh... is see that patching wine involves:
>
> 1) uninstalling wine
> 2) downloading the source only from the deb
> 3) use the patch command
> 4) knowing how to compile wine
>
> I might have to wait until the summer break to proceed with this as it requires research and time for experimentation.
>
> Thank you for your help.

You don't have to uninstall your package, as Wine can be run from the build directory without installing it, but yes, you do have to patch and build Wine from source.

I'd test it myself, but I've pretty much messed up winemenubuilder's ability to do anything correctly by manually editing and deleting things, so a test on my system is not going to be a fair one.