[Wine] fixmes and errs

slord wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 21 16:26:25 CDT 2011

Hi,
I am new to wine and i am trying to run a exe that I built with visual studio.

I am gettings some fixmes and err messages.

My general questions is:  How should I proceed to solve these problems. Should I be using wintricks to install missing libraries (i already used it to install a version of vcrun).   How do I determine which libs and components are missing based on the message that I have?

Then I have some specific questions about the fixme and err messages that I am getting.   is it ok to ask about them here on this forum?

One that I am getting often -- and looks like a file io issue is this:
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\users\\Public\\Application Data\\...

Thanks