[Wine] Re: How to access optical drive (cd, dvd)?

Wintershade wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 21 18:14:27 CDT 2011

Bryan Baldwin wrote:

> I already told you where to look if you recall. The udev rule you are
> looking for is probably in something like
> /etc/udev/rules.d/75-cd-aliases-generator.rules.
>
> RTFM
There is no need for rudeness. I was asking whether you know of any udev rules, not whether you think something would be probably be somewhere.
I know about the 75-cd-aliases-generator.rules file, and it - for some reason - doesn't deliver for me.

Anyway, thanks for the directions. I've been digging through the Arch Wiki and various udev-related websites for a few days now (I've had rules like that already set up in HAL once), so I should hopefully be able to do it with udev as well in some time.