[Wine] q4wine first start

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Mar 22 10:17:26 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 09:30 -0500, WnDrinker wrote:
> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > WnDrinker wrote:
> > > Is it possible to run and compile FORTRAN77 programs in wine?
> >
> > Yes and no. Wine does not have a Fortran environment or a compiler. You have to install those yourself. And while you at it, why not use native gcc to compile fortran programs anyway?
> >

> > WnDrinker wrote:
> > > wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00786f66 at address 0x7bc48b66 (thread 0021), starting debugger...
> > > err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc49dcb
> >
> > Need to see entire terminal output. Also what Wine version?
>
> This is the whole output.
> In another attempt: wine list (without actual extention .com) I had:
>
> Code:
> wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\list.exe"
>
> I have wine 1.3.15 from open SUSE Build Service.
> Sorry for my ignorance, could you possibly provide a hint to:
> >  why not use native gcc
>  May be I am not so advanced in Linux, but in Dos under Windows I use batch compile and link commands, run as separate exe-files.

Look at the man pages for f77 and make:

man f77
man make

To find out how to use them. Make is the usual way to run any compiler
except Java[1] under Linux. Make is better than a batch file: you tell
it how to make each component, i.e. how to generate a binary from a
source file, how to link the binaries to make an executable and what the
dependencies are. Then running something 'make all' does the minimum
work to make an executable, such as only compiling sources you've
changed.

[1] Java frequently needs circular dependencies which make flags as an
error, so large Java applications are compiled using ant or maven in
place of make.

Martin