[Wine] I cannot install dotnet20

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:50:56 CDT 2011

On 3/22/11, kartal <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> James , thanks for your reply but I have already mentioned that I have tried
> it ;)
> "I have tried using winetricks and the normal installation method "

Ok.  Let's start with a clean wineprefix.  If you don't have any
programs installed in the current Wine Prefix, then you can simply
erase/delete it by using the command:

[code]
rm -rf $HOME/.wine
[/code]

If you do have something installed that you need to keep or is hard to
re-install then use the following:
[code]
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/Dotnet20TEST
cd $WINEPREFIX
winetricks dotnet20
[/code]

If you want to capture what happens to a logging file replace the last
line with:

[code]
winetricks dotnet20 > dotnet20.log 2>&1
[/code]

Please post the logging file, if you create it, to a site like
pastebin.com and post the URL (including all of the letters/numbers)
in this forum thread.

There are several errors that are 'normal' for .NET 2.0 (they even
occur in Windows) and I suggest using a program like FastMD5 (this is
what I use) for testing the .NET installation.

James McKenzie