[Wine] Mass Effect 2 help?

necrosis1193 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 22 18:23:15 CDT 2011

Long-time user of Wine for various applications, but for the first time I'm hitting a brick wall, so I registered here to get some help with my problem.

Short and sweet, I managed to get a friend's copy of Mass Effect about a year ago, and very much enjoyed it when playing it in Wine. However something in the DRM or the way it was written must've been changed in the second, because I recently bought a copy of Mass Effect 2, and after dozens of install attempts, I've not yet managed to get a single one to work. Almost all have loaded the launcher, but don't get beyond that.

I'm hoping someone who's more savvy about the software end(I know hardware well. Programming, not so much) of how Wine interacts with programs can help me work this out, as it turned out physical copies of ME2 are scarce, so I spent months hunting this thing down only to spend the past few days with dead end after dead end. I've cleared all traces of it I can find from Wine, so you have a blank slate to work with.

Since I figure it's going to be needed to help work things out, I'm running version 1.2 of Wine on a Mac running OS X("Buy a real computer" comments begin in 3...2...1...) version 10.6.6. Here's (http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae43/necrosis1193/Screenshot2011-03-21at81632PM.png?t=1300836045) a screenshot of the error.

Thanks for any help from anyone who does so, I've been looking forward to playing this game for months, so I really appreciate any help I can get. :D