[Wine] IE (any version will be good) and active x

KiaZ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 25 12:40:02 CDT 2011

Hello,
I have to access a webpage that connects to a live stream webcam using an active x control.
Actually I have a linux (Ubuntu 10.10) only netbook and don't want to install virtualbox or any other virtual machine system.
I'm running wine-1.3.16 and tried any IE version via winetricks. Under windows I'm sure that the activex works on IE 6 and 7, never tested on 8.
I managed to install and run via winetricks every version of IE, but any of these runs that activex . I think that the main problem is that security options aren't correctly interpreted. With IE 7/8 I can access internet option/security and set it to the lowest level, but the active x continues to fail loading.
IE 6 instead crashes when I try to run tools->internet options.
Someone can give me a hint about how to make active x working on Wine?
For information, the page I need to access is this :
http://82.90.35.9/cmos_view.html

Thanks in advance any help would be extremely appreciated