[Wine] WoW crashes Wine

kinkywinky wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 25 14:59:03 CDT 2011

So I managed to install and get WoW running on my Eee PC 1000HD.  However, the program will crash unexpectedly after 5-20 minutes.  There doesn't seem to be a predictable occurrence that causes it to crash tho.  I have been looking for answers but have found nothing so far.
I should clarify that it isnt a complete crash.  Wine pops up an error about how it needs to close but I can still hear the music in WoW but the program doesn't respond to inputs.  And I cannot exit out of WoW without force quitting and cannot start it again until I restart my laptop.

Specs:
Eee PC 1000HD
Ubuntu-netbook 10.10
Kernel Linux 2.6.35-28-generic-pae
Intel Celeron M 900Mhz
(upgraded to:)2G RAM

I'm running WoW on Wine 1.2.2

I run it with OpenGL because d3d doesn't work. I have modified the registry and use Eee Applet and GMABooster (neither which seem to effect the gameplay or crash)

Here is some information that I thought relevant.

Pastebin from wow crash. Crash occured on line 127
http://pastebin.com/ppAWepHD

Config.wtf
http://pastebin.com/HtEMqgMy

:~$ glxinfo | grep rendering
direct rendering: Yes

:~$ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.9-devel

The only AddOn I'm using is ApplyToForehead (disabling this did not resolve the issue  either)

Please give me some advice on how to get this working.  I'm rather linux illiterate so I may need to be walked through more tests.