[Wine] Wine can't initialize OpenGL

zorgoth wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 25 20:04:06 CDT 2011

My wine used to work fine - I'm using Lucid and wanted wine 3.16 because of a bug fix, and I figured the maverick debian would probably be fine, and I installed it, and OpenGL suddenly didn't work.  So I used "completely remove" in Synaptic to uninstall the maverick version of wine and went back to the lucid 3.15 version, and it still didn't work.  I replaced everything in my .wine directory except Program Files (which is 80GB and would be impossible to fully replace).  I have repeated this several times and restarted my computer several times as well, and it doesn't help.

This is the message I always get when I try to run a game:
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems

Is there anything further I can do to try to fix this?  I seriously don't want to have to reinstall my OS over this...