[Wine] Solstice Reborn, it works! (almost)

apocapus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 25 20:15:23 CDT 2011

I installed Solstice reborn on my Linux Mint LXDE.  I already have .net framework 2.0 and mono installed as well as directx 9.0.

I overwrote mscore in wine libraries also.

Now when I start the game it opens and there is an error message.  I minimize it and a terminal like screen appears chronicling the loading process of SR.  The game window pops up, the mouse changes to the game mouse, the music starts and then the screen stays black and freezes.

I get a message that the GL Renderer is having problems and when I checked the system monitor, the gl renderer is the Xen client which runs the game.

The next time I logged in, that same error popped up and the game opened. I didn't get the GL Renderrer error but the screen still stayed black.

Any advice on how to push the game functionality further?