[Wine] more than 16 bit audio

Trevor Bowen trevorbowen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:32:15 CDT 2011

Hi Jordan,

I tried using JACK, and I had no problem playing back a 96 kHz / 32-bit wav
file that I recorded previously.  Everything was much more responsive in
Adobe Audition.  Thanks for the suggestion!

The only problem that cropped up was that the JACK inputs were missing.  No
devices were available for recording!

I wonder if something is wrong with my .asoundrc file for JACK?  Do you see
anything wrong with my .asoundrc file that I posted previously?

I assume you are using JACK with ALSA?  Do you mind sharing your system and
user .asoundrc files?  What is the command-line invocation you are using to
begin JACK?

Do you have doc or url that describes the kernel mods you have made for
realtime performance?  I've made some, but I doubt it's very well tuned.
Here are the urls I used:

    http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/sound/realtime.xml

    http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/JACK

Thanks!