[Wine] Re: Wine desktop emulation

Snowball wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 26 07:48:43 CDT 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 04:25 -0500, Snowball wrote:

Put the game(s) in a separate wine prefix and/or run it from a shell
script that does something like:

#!/bin/bash
export WINEPREFIX = $HOME/name_of_prefix
# set emulated desktop mode
cd $WINEPREFIX/name of directory containing the program
wine the_program
# unset emulated mode
Martin
[/quote]

i was thinking about something like that, but i like dimesio's idea more ;)

i still have a problem:

when I'm in the application directory, i can run "wine app.exe" without problems. (also simple ./app.exe works)
if I'm anywhere alse "wine [Path to .exe]/app.exe" fails with many errors. (that's bad, since menu entrys dont work)

I'm freshly using wine 1.3.16 since yesterday, but i actually don't know whether it worked before