[Wine] Uninstall Windows Apps?

Techknotted wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 29 04:40:56 CDT 2011

Hi All

I'm running Ubuntu Maverick with Wine 1.2.2

After I had to install Apples Itunes to unlock a ipod, I'm now finding Itunes has "taken over" my system! It starts when I want to open my home folder for some reason!
I am done with using it and I have other software in Ubu that's working fine with the ipod so I though I would uninstal itunes. Sounds easy eh?
I opened Wine> Uninstall Wine Software to get the menu opened for uninstalling windows software.
I clicked on the itunes icon and then selected "remove". It then opened a dialog box that gave the options - Repair or remove, so I hit remove. This brings up the "Are you sure option"

This starts the Install process and the whole program is reinstalled!!?
this happened on another item i tried to remove as well!!

So - what am i missing here?

thanks in advance

Chris
NZ