[Wine] Shopfitter

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Mar 30 17:44:03 CDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 16:48 -0500, sammarsden wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Has anyone had any experience trying to us the above program under wine?
> The install file can be found at www.shopfitter.com/setup.exe
>
> It installs ok etc but when I try to open it I get an "Opening
> Shopfitter" icon on my taskbar but then that goes away and nothing
> else happens ......

If you haven't tried running it from the command line, do so:

<code>
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/name of wine prefix
cd $WINEPREFIX/name of directory containing the exe
wine name.exe
</code>

If you used the default wineprefix (i.e. didn't set it) skip the
'export' line.

Its always worth while running a wine app from the command line first
time because, if it doesn't run, wine will usually say what stopped it,
such as a missing DLL or other error. If you do the first run by
clicking an icon you won't see any of this useful information.

Its also a good idea to always install a program in its own wine prefix:
this way installing it can't upset a program that was perviously
installed in the same prefix.

Martin