[Wine] Wine & US DoD information assurance

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:37:37 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:15 PM, DeiKratos <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with using Wine under DoD Information Assurance strictures?
> We believe since Wine casts all the Windows API into Linux it should be allowable but are concerned the IA lockdowns may cripple Wine.

As a CISSP employed by the US Government, IA lockdowns would have to
be specifically applied to Wine.  This will be an effort that is
outside the scope of the project, but AJ can chime in to correct me on
this.  At this time, Wine does have the ability to run specific types
of viruses and it would take running an anti-virus program within the
base operating system.

I do exist on the DoD mailing list if you wish to discuss this in a
forum that is not open to the public.

James McKenzie