[Wine] Re: wine cannot find L "c:/windows/system32/plugplay.exe

bflojoe6 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 31 21:11:15 CDT 2011

Thanks for that important distinction. Good to know. Its an installation  issue then To install an application I copied its .exe file (msmoney.exe) onto the Ubuntu desktop, opened a Terminal, changed directory to desktop and then typed wine msmoney.exe in terminal. Then I get the following message:  joseph at joseph-laptop:~$ cd Desktop
joseph at joseph-laptop:~/Desktop$ wine msmoney.exe
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\plugplay.exe"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50608.0)
err:module:import_dll Library UTLSRF08.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\joseph\\Desktop\\msmoney.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MNYSL08.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\joseph\\Desktop\\msmoney.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\joseph\\Desktop\\msmoney.exe" failed, status c0000135
joseph at joseph-laptop:~/Desktop$ When I then add msmoney.exe through the wine configuration page, click OK, it does not stay there when I re-open the config page. The issue seems related to wine not finding c/windows/system32/plugplay.exe.This .exe does not seem to be in the Windows/system32 folder anywhere.Any suggestions?