[Wine] Re: Is there a difference...? [question]

DIFTOW wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 1 03:45:53 CDT 2011

I would have just updated my previous post for this but these forums don't appear to have an edit option.

I tried installing Steam under Wine.
Although I now have an icon, and it shows up in my programs list in Ubuntu, it actually performs inferior.

When I click the EXE that is installed on real Windows, it actually seems to run better. Odd.

I created a symbolic link for my steamapps folder to the partition where the games are installed. I ran a Half-Life 2 mod, and the performance wasn't any better using the Wine installed Steam versus Win7 installed.

The game still lags terribly.